We aim to create a family-friendly, age-appropriate space where everyone can feel comfortable to explore dance and gymnastics. Scroll down to see photos of our dancers and gymnasts in action and view a video of our year-end dance show.
We aim to provide an inclusive, supportive, safe environment where children (and adults!) can grow and develop foundational technical skills as well as social and communication skills. We aim to create fun, excitement, happiness and joy. We aim to nurture the progression of skills over time, the development of confidence, and the building of community. Welcome to our family!
Funny, fun, crazy, elegant, athletic, dramatic, happy, goofy, energetic, technical, moving, graceful, musical, rhythmic, hip, silly, classy, classic, modest, appropriate.
We Don't Do:
Suggestive, sexy, foul, revealing, inappropriate, skimpy, mature subject matter, lewd, edgy, offensive.
Want to know what kind of dance we do? Check out our recital/ year end show!
Our Mission and Principles
Chilliwack Gymnastics and Dance's Mission is:
Put children first with a focus on quality and healthy child development;
Make your child healthy and feel confident;
Help children to appreciate their innate worth;
Help children to nurture their health and keep them safe from harm;
Help children to love to learn and accept challenges;
Help children to understand, care about, and help others;
Provide a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment where children can practice and develop their social and communication skills;
... all as we are helping them to master and refine skills.
Our Club Principles
1. Unconditional Respect for ourselves and others.
2. Trustworthiness - Alignment toward the mission is possible only when we have of a strong foundation of trust. And trust is possible only with an individual dedication to be trustworthy.
3. Teamwork - Ego is set aside in favor of working together. Even personal preference must be set aside if it is in disharmony with the mission.
4. Open Communication - Communication is open and forthright:
Communicate positively, saying what you would like to see, rather than what you do not want;
In disagreement with another speak only with the person with whom you disagree and who help resolve the problem;
Seek first to understand, then to be understood
5. Inclusion - everyone is welcome and appreciated.
6. Accessibility - nobody needs to be left out due to cost. We try to keep our prices reasonable and accept all funding sources.
6. Perpetual Growth
Club growth. Club growth is a natural by-product of paying attention to the first two. There is no such thing as the status quo: there is only growth or degradation.